→ What information do I need to supply?
When contacting us to request an estimate, please provide this essential information about your translation project:
- full document requiring translation
- or a sample, should the final draft not yet be completed.
- nature of the text, intended audience and purpose
- target language, confirm the language into which you require a translation
- background reference, if available (e.g. in-house glossary, previous translations).
- If the document is not available, please also specify the following:
- source language, confirm the language of your original document
- subject matter, intended audience and purpose
- document length (wordcount, or an estimate if you are unsure)
- format (e.g. hard copy, Word file)
If you are still in the planning stage, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be happy to discuss your requirements and provide you with a cost estimate.
→ How do I get a fast, firm quote?
Simply send your document with the necessary specifications (see above). We will establish an immediate quote.
- You can either email us your specifications or complete the online request form and
- Send the file to be translated at email@example.com
- Hard copies can be posted, faxed or scanned and emailed.
- You will receive a quotation within 24 hours, indicating:
- a firm fee based on your project specifications, and
- the time frame required for completion will be confirmed.
To place your order:
- Return the approved quotation via e-mail with any special instructions.
- Confirmation of reception of your order and agreed details will soon follow.
→ Which languages do you translate?
We specialize in translations into French, predominantly from English.
However we would be glad to assist you with referrals in other directions between these three languages.
→ Where is your current price list?
The time taken to translate or edit a document varies according to its length, complexity and style. Consequently, our rates depend on the requirements of each individual project. The following should give you an idea of what to expect, however please note that accurate fees can only be provided on submission of the material.
- Translations rates: charged per word of the source language.
- Translations start
- from £80 per 1,000 words
- with a minimum charge of £35 for documents of 500 words or less.
→ check up-to-date prices in dollars or euros!
- Translations start
- Editing rates: Hourly rates*
- Proofreading – from £30 per hour
- Copy-editing – from £30 per hour
- Substantive editing/Line editing – £35 per hour
*Price per page or per 1,000 words may be available depending on the material.
- Copywriting rates: Hourly rate*
- £35 per hour
*Price per project also available.
- Transcription rates: Hourly rate
- from £25 per hour
A price per audio minute may be available depending on the material.
- Please get in contact for further information.
→ When is payment due?
- First time client?
- A 50% deposit payment of the total fee is required on ordering, and the balance of the fee (50%) is due upon completion of our work.
- Established client?
- The total fee is payable no later than 30 days after receipt of the invoice.
Accepted methods of payment include credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) through PayPal, bank tranfers and GBP cheques. Alternative arrangements may be discussed.
→ Any other questions? Please let us know.